First off. I love the MOVI product!
Lot’s of fun and works very well!
I purchased the ReSpeaker for another project. When working with it I found out it has the output for use on a product such as the MOVI. Since my son and I completed a project with MOVI (FUN!), I wanted to try to improve the wake word performance and this microphone seems perfect for the task.
The ReSpeaker USB Mic Array has a “Filtered Audio Output” for use with standard microphone inputs such as that on the MOVI.
- The USB Mic Array gets power from USB (or even a USB adapter).
- The filtered output removes virtually all background noise, even music! (Tested and works perfectly.)
- The output is amplified and should be ready to connect to the MOVI
- I purchased one and am trying to use it with MOVI.
- I must be using the wrong cable as it doesn’t seem to work…
Is there a command that I must send to MOVI to connect the external input?
What cable do you recommend for input into MOVI? (The first cable I tried did not work…)
I would like to use the cable you recommend for this so that the connections on the MOVI end are correct.
Even if it is not correct for the output on the ReSpeaker USB Mic Array, I can correct for this. (I’m an Electrical Engineer with years of experience with many completed projects under my belt.
Please give an AMAZON link or specify one that I can order.
(If you have tested the ReSpeaker with the MOVI it would be very helpful to specify the cable. If so, please provide a link for the product. Seems like this could be great for some of your customers. )