Connecting a Powered Line to MicIn connector

Hello to all,

My name is David, we are working in a project where we want to request information via voice to a machine in a very noisy environment, an airplane cockpit. We use an intercom with headsets and the idea is to connect MOVI to the intercom as a crew member. The problem is the plane LineOut is powered and as I see in the manual and in other posts in the forum it’s mandatory to use an attenuator before the MicIn. I imagine I am not the first to want to connect MOVI to a line in. If anyone has information or a link to find information to a similar solution I would appreciate it.

Thank you

David,

The hopefully exhaustive but definitely lengthy thread (38 emails) about external microphones is here:

Let me know if that helps,
Gerald

Hello Gerald,

Thanks for the information. Yes I read this thread before I wrote the question. It gave me an idea of ​​the problem but I didn’t see a clear solution. Maybe someone could had done an experiment with a U/VHF radio or some other kind of line input… thats was the question. I will investigate and if I get results I will write them in the forum.

I know of somebody using a filter bank to make MOVI work while driving in an old car.

The thread that includes a video of it working is here:

His name is Dylan and he built and tuned a filter bank to make it work. I can connect you to him via email if you are interested. Just go through the contact request.

Gerald

Hi,

Thanks for the contact, sorry because I do not see the reply, we had stopped the project some weeks because of the exams and we are again working on it. We are preparing an attenuator.

The voice bandwidth filter is excellent. Dirt simple to build too, especially if you have access to a good electronic components shop.

https://paulinthelab.blogspot.com/2012/09/voice-bandwidth-filter-for-podcasts.html

Let me know if you need any advice from my experience.

1 Like

Hi again to all!

I’ve come back again with the project. what do you think about this circuit? Could it work?

1 Like