Beeps chirps and LEDs

Hello all.
I got myself a Moshi Clock (Talking and Speech recognizer) a few years ago. I do love it
BUT it has a few drawbacks. One of the more annoying ones was no battery back up for the time or date,
So I started to look around for an alternative and found a DIY clock that used the MOVI board.

I got myself the MOVI board and things are starting to click and my own talking clock is coming along great.
But I have a couple questions /suggestions / request.
Is there a way to change the double ‘chirp’ of MOVI listening so it says something like :Hello. What is your command?"

And is there a way to ‘see’ when MOVI is listening for your command after the double chirp. Maybe ‘status()’ for:‘0’ not listening, (1) listening, (2) understood the command and (3) didn’t recognize…

Anyways, this is my late night ramblings.
Thanks to all who helped in making this little board. ::slight_smile:

SWM

Sounds great!

We’d love to see a link to a youtube video of your finalized project in action!

Regarding your questions: You can turn the double chirp off with the API command beeps(). So something like a

recognizer.beeps(false) 

makes the beeps disappear. You can then replace the feedback with something else, for example an LED turning on. Coincidentally, this is one of the examples. Look for “MOVI API Examples/intermediate/BeepsOff” in your Arduino IDE (also here: https://github.com/audeme/MOVIArduinoAPI/blob/master/examples/intermediate/BeepsOff/BeepsOff.ino).

The relevant part of the code looks like this:

void loop() // run over and over
{
  signed int event=recognizer.poll(); 
  if (event==BEGIN_LISTEN) { // This is returned at the start of listening
    digitalWrite(led, HIGH); // LED on.   
  }
  if (event==END_LISTEN) { // This is returned at the end of listening
    digitalWrite(led, LOW); // LED off 
  }
// ...
}

This should also answer your question about the event that is thrown.

Hope that helps,
Gerald