External microphone

Can a max4466 microphone be used with MOVI?

1 Like

I am not a tech expert but I have used several mics with MOVI. As long as it has power, which this mic does, I cannot see why it wouldn’t work. It is so cheap, why not try? The better question might be, will it work well for your application? I have found that with increased distance capability (between the talker and the mic), MOVI hears a lot of ambient noise and lets you know. So if you are OK with getting close to the mic, then the max4466 may be fine. Good luck!

1 Like

Check your Windows audio settings to make sure your microphone is not muted, and that the desired microphone is set as the Default recording device. - Check your Windows audio settings to make sure your speakers or headset aren’t muted, and that the desired output speakers are set as the Default Playback device. It also sometimes does not work when we play games But in Cooking Mama It sometimes does not work.

Thanks for the response.
I have another question about using the external microphone. It needs external power. If I check the tip and ring on the movi Jack I get 3.3 bolts on both. I was expecting one would be the audio input. Now I’m confused and don’t want to harm the movi card.
Excuse me for being so technical inept I’m 81

1 Like