Movi only recognize numbers

Good day! I was getting strange results using my movi sheeld. So I tested the SimpleDebug Example Sketch.
The recognizer only heard numbers: " I heard seven four five six" but suggests also “It matches sentence 1”.

What could be the reason for this odd behaviour?

Thank you,
Joseph

Jospeh,

What MOVI recognizes completely depends on what you trained in. The sentence matching uses the edit distance between the characters recognized and the sentences you trained in.

To better understand your question, could you send the code you used to train?

Gerald

Thank you Garald,

now I see more clear how the recognizing works:
MOVI only recognize learned words and until a factory reset all words learned in sketches are memorized.

I used the simple debug sketch as it is with “This is the first sentence”. and so on.
I think the numbers where in the memory from a sketch I used before, this was also not clear to me, my sketches now works more as expected.

I still have problems with the already discussed “aggressive matching” I try to solve this issue by consideration of the example sketches and recent forum topics on this problem.

Thank you
Joseph

The words should be cleared every time you retrain. You don’t have to go through factory reset.

Having said that: If you don’t hear MOVI saying that it’s retraining, it’s not retraining…

Hope this sheds some more light,
Gerald