Movi system messages

Hello Tech lovers,
I would like to know if there any way to disable Movi’s system messages, espacially when it rebooting and saying “Movi is booting” erc…

I already tried “SYSTEMMESSAGES <“OFF”>” through its low level interface, but message always said, “SYSTEMMESSEGES IS ON” no matter if I choose ON or OFF switch with SYSTEMMESSAGES command.

I also would like to know, if I can disable the movi specker jack for booting process to skip these messages, as in any way nobody wants that the client will listen these system messages.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Not a software only solution, but you could route the audio out through a relay controlled by a digital pin on your processor. No audio will be heard until your code operates the relay.

1 Like

There is also this solution but use at your own risk:

1 Like

Thanks for your message admin, i also tried the given code but it did not work and as we are testing this board to integrate with our commercial solution, so being a professional we will respect and acknowledge the developer’s effort by not going to hack the Micro SD card, as we dont believe to use any hack in business :wink:

but i am open for any technical solution without making any “arrangement” with source code lol

Hello Mike, many thanks for your message, would you please post a very simple sample code to control the speaker pin? i will also try to read the MOVI data sheet to understand its system architecture (if i will find it from somewhere :))

Hi Salman - sorry for the delay in responding. I’ll assume you are using an Arduino in your product. If using another language or platform, make adjustments accordingly.

Here is a link to a typical relay hardware device that can be sourced from many vendors worldwide. I just provided this as an example unit. This one features a 5 volt coil and can be driven directly from a digital pin on an Arduino.

https://vetco.net/products/single-relay-module-for-arduino-d25/vupn5949

Here is some sample code as a guide:

/*
Speaker Control

Suppresses audio from reaching an amplifier or speaker until specific software control enables the relay.

Circuit - attach the relay module’s power pins for 5 volts and ground to a suitable source (Arduino 5 volt power
and ground pins).

Attach the relay module control pin tp Arduino digital pin 12 (OK to change this to any other digital pin)

Connect the speaker “hot” lead from the movi audio jack (that is the tip of the plug) to the relay common
pin.

Connect the movi speaker / amplifier ‘hot’ lead to the relay ‘open’ pin. Now the only time the audio output from the movi will reach the speaker / amplifier is when the Arduino commands the relay to operate.

good luck with your product!

Mike McLendon
*/

// Relay pin is controlled with D12

int relay = 12;
bool firstTime=true;

void setup() {

// Pin for relay module set as output
pinMode(relay, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(relay, HIGH);// relay is operated and the audio hot lead is opened (not connected)- NO AUDIO!

// Serial communication for debugging purposes
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {

if(firstTime==true){ //do this once when the system starts up
firstTime=false;

delay(5000); // after 5 seconds,

digitalWrite(relay, LOW);// relay is turned off (released) now connecting the movi to the speaker / amp

Serial.println(“Relay is off and the audio is connected!”);

}

1 Like

Many thanks for ur suggestion and sample code, it is indeed simplest solution. But my weird mind was looking a way to control Movi original specker jack pins. Lol

Hi Salman,

Here is a potential solution with no relay.

"Use a digital pin to ground the audio signal from the movi. "

This solution requires an audio amplifier to be used in the system. The circuit would be connected as follows:

Hot audio from the movi to a resistor (try 1k to 5k ohms) and the other side of the resistor is connected to a digital pin used to turn the audio off with digital write LOW and on with digital write HIGH.

Connect the amplifier input to a . 1uF capacitor and the other side of the capacitor to the digital pin.

The idea here is to ground out the audio when the digital pin is low. When the pin is high it represents a high impedance to the signal and the amplifier ‘sees’ it.

This would be a small incremental price increase to your product if you already use an amplifier and there are no moving parts!

Maybe this will work for you since there is no movi software solution.

Cheers,

Mike