Movi with Servo - Servo wiggles while Movi communicating

Please help. I am using an Arduino Mega with Movi. Movi works perfectly and commands my servo to rotate to the appropriate positions.

While the servo is holding position it will wiggle or jitter a bit as soon as I say the wake word and MOVI beeps. Once the vocal command is given and the servo moves to its commanded position it will hold fine until MOVI is activated again with the wake word.

I have the arduino powered with a 9V 3A power supply, and the Servo is powered by a separate power supply.

The grounds are common.

I have the servo connected to pin 22 on the Mega.

I have tested the servos with a different sketch with MOVI removed from the arduino. The simple sketch moves the servo to 0 degrees, waits 4 seconds, moves to 90 degrees, waits 4 seconds, moves to 180 degrees, waits 4 seconds and repeats. The servo operates fine and sits perfectly still while waiting for the next position command.

The wiggle / jitter only seems to happen while Movi is communicating with the Arduino?

Any thoughts or things to try!! Thank you in advance!!!

EDIT: I was able to get the unwanted motion to stop by detaching the servos (servo.detach()) after the action motion is complete and the reattaching (servo.attach()) right before sending the servo.write() command.

Not sure if this is the best way, but it worked for me!

1 Like

Hello!
I am having the exact same issue. But I would really like to see more of your sketch, I can’t seem to make it work, I can compile OK, but the servo will not move. The rest of the sketch works fine.
Thanks!
Les

Update: I realized that I did not place a delay after the servo position command (Before the servo detach command). I added “delay (1000);” and it solved the problem. Now my sketch is solid as rock! Thanks so much for your post and advice!
Les