Movi with Wemos D1 R2

I almost got these two working, need a little extra push…

Below is a copy of the vanilla switch example from the library. Only thing I changed was the pins to point to GPIO 3 (RX) and 1 (TX) on the Wemos D1 R2.

I also took the correct pins from Jumpers 2 and 3, respectively to connect them on the shield. The update goes through and it trains new callsigns, however only beeps back and doesn’t respond.

The same code works on an arduino UNO without any extra steps.and responds just fine Just plug and go. Obviously trying to do IOT stuff, so would appreciate any insight as to what’s going on. Also wouId be great to know if Wemos D1 R2 is a bust, is another microcontroller or a wifi shield for the Arduino Uno my other option?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
#include “MOVIShield.h” // Include MOVI library, needs to be before the next #include

#if defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_AVR) || defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_PIC32)
#include <SoftwareSerial.h> // This is nice and flexible but only supported on AVR and PIC32 architecture, other boards need to use Serial1
#endif

const int led = 13;
MOVI recognizer(true, 3,1);

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After a factory reset, seems to work on the Wemos too. Also may not have liked that pin 13 being engaged? Either way, Yay!

1 Like