Play audio off SD Card

I read on one of the thread that we can put .WAV files into the SD card and use the Play command for it to play the WAV file. Is there any other option to open that hidden file on windows? I tried ubuntu and it didn’t recognize the usb. It does some what recognize on windows. What I mean is 3 usb drive would pop up when the SD card is plug in, one would be the D drive with the content in the SD card and two more random drive that requires reformatting for it to work. I didn’t try formating those other two drive cause it may erase the D drive content. So my question is there a work around to get to that hidden folder that windows can not see without a Mac or Ubuntu?

See chapter 5 of our manual, it depends on your version of Windows:

This is just a suggestion, but if that doesn’t work or you’re still having troubles, you could always just play wav files using an MP3 module or a Raspberry pi. Then you could have as many wav files as you want without having to reformat the SD card every time.

Will this work with voice activation as well?

Yes.

When you say your command, you can have the MOVI write a pin to HIGH which will trigger the sound.

I did this with my Central Command Hub project but I used a Raspberry Pi instead of an MP3 Module.
If you’re interested you can refer to STEP 5 of the tutorial I made on Instructables.

You can also check out this forum where I posted my question of how to get the Movi and the Raspberry Pi to work together. It should give you a better understanding of how it works.

Hope this helps.