Problem with unreliable MOVI booting

I have a problem where MOVI does not always boot after a power up. The pattern is that if the power has been on for a long time (say over 15 mins) and the power cycle is short (say less than 5 seconds) MOVI will boot properly most (say 75%) of the time i.e. with red led flashing/on and boot message. However, if the power has not been on for long or the power cycle is longer (say 15 seconds or more) I need to cycle the power maybe 5 to 10 times before it boots properly. When the board does not boot the reset button has no effect, once it’s booted the reset button works as expected.
I have tried this with 2 different Arduino Mega 2560 R3 boards and 3 different power supplies 9v/12v, 1A/5A, and get the same problem with all combinations. I am using the lightswitch example running on the Arduino - once booted it all works fine.
Is this a known issue, or do I have a faulty board, or am I making an obvious mistake somewhere? Can anyone help? Thanks.

This would be worth a customer service request via “Contact Us”. I remember you already doing that…