speaker recommendation 4 movi

does anyone have some speakers they could recommend to me for use with movi

Sorry for the late reply. Our forum was down for a couple days. I apologize for that too.

We have some recommendation in our Amazon store:

Also, several microphones have been discussed in this forum. Now that it’s up again, you should be able to find them using the search bar.

Gerald

Also we have an Amazon Audeme page that has a number of products we recommend including external audio. You can find it at: https://www.amazon.com/shop/audeme?listId=3NSRMPNGBIRY9

I found the small audio amplifiers using an LM386 IC amplifier found on Amazon and eBay worked fairly well. The volume control settings are very touchy, but once you find the right spot, they work fine. I also found you can get excellent volume out of overly large higher wattage speakers. For example, using a 3 watt LM386 amp that can drive 4 or 8 ohm speakers, when I hooked up a Sony 8 ohm car speaker (6x9) capable of 80 watts, I got excellent clarity and volume.

I had terrible fidelity problems with the Class D amplifiers that put out a PWM signal with square waves. The inductance of the speaker coil did not “round” the corners of the square waves sufficiently.

I also tried small Piezo speakers that came out of cell phones. But driving them with a LM386 amp produced unacceptably low volume.

My conclusion: the bigger the speaker coil the better. Im sure there are limits to that statement.